Honiton Town knocked out of League Cup
- Credit: Archant
A week after all three of the Honiton Town senior sides were victorious just one of the three was celebrating continued success on Saturday night.
That’s because both the first team and the reserves suffered away cup defeats, but the third team kept the Hippos flag flying with an AS paving Devon Intermediate Cup penalty shoot-out success in South Devon against Upton Athletic.
The Hippos first team went down 3-0 at Torridgeside to exit the Walter C Parsons Funeral Directors League Cup at the first round stage.
The score line does not reflect the part Town played in a good contest. Indeed, the Man of the Match award for the home side went to their centre half!
The Town second string were beaten 6-0 at Thorverton to go out of the Firewatch Devon Senior Cup at the first hurdle.
You may also want to watch:
This Saturday (September 23), all three Town sides are again in action. The first team can be seen taking on Teignmouth at Mountbatten park (3pm), the reserves are away against Newtown in a Macron League Division Two game and the third team travel to Exeter to meet Central with three Division Eight points at stake.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 4 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West