Honiton Town know a win at Bow and they stay up
Honiton Town bagged four points from two games over the bank Holiday weekend.
They followed up a 3-3 Saturday draw at home to Bow AAC with a 6-3 win at Elmore on Monday afternoon and that means, if they win their final outing at Bow AAC on Saturday then they will finish outside the bottom three and quite likely consign neighbours Feniton to the drop.
Town trailed 2-0 to Bow before battling back but it still needed an 88th minute leveller from Chaz lane to secure a priceless point.
That set the side up nicely for Monday’s trip to Tiverton where a hat-trick from Tim Genders, a brace from Lane and one from Dean Sluman, saw them bank the points to take their great escape bid to the final game.
Boss Paddy Thomas said: “We have given ourselves a real chance. The performance at Elmore oozed of quality and confidence and we need to produce similar, and for a full 90 minutes, at Bow this Saturday to get where we want to be. If we don’t make it then it will certainly not be for the want of trying and I think I see a real desire in the players to finish the job off.”
You may also want to watch:
The Town boss also had special praise for one of his younger players: “Joe Dixon put in a great shoft on the flank for us.”
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband