Honiton Town offered great chance to heap pressure on Macron League title rivals
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Town have a terrific chance to make life very tough for their title rivals in the race to land the Macron League Premier Division top honour.
With last weekend’s 3-1 success at third placed Elmore, the Hippos sit a point clear of Newtown.
This Saturday (April 1) Town begin a sequence of three-matches-in-15 days that offer them the chance to increase the gap between them and Newtown to 10 points before Newtown play again!
Town travel to Furzebrake, Beer, on Saturday and seven days later host Clyst Valley before an April 15 Mountbatten Park meeting with Elmore.
Newtown do not play again until an April 19 home game with Okehampton.
You may also want to watch:
Town boss Kev Blackwell says: “They [Beer] are going to be a very tough proposition. They are always a formidable opponent on their own ground and they draw quite a crowd at home so I’d think the atmosphere will be very good. Having recovered so well, and so quickly, after the Newtown defeat to deliver that terrific all-round show at Elmore last weekend, it would be a waste of all that wonderful; effort last weekend if we don’t now go to Beer on Saturday and look to carry on winning.
“Playing three times before Newtown next take to the pitch gives us an opportunity to open a gap and so apply huge pressure on them [Newtown] when they platy next.”
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
Macron League Premier Division table before the April 1 games.
P W D L GD Pts
Honiton Town 23 18 4 1 63 58
Newtown 23 19 0 4 42 57
Elmore 21 16 0 5 42 48
Remaining games for the three title chasing teams:
Honiton Town last fiveix
April 1 A Beer Albion; April 8 H Clyst Valley; April 15 H Elmore; April 22 H Beer Albion; and to be arranged H Exmouth Amateurs.
Newtown last six
April 19 H Okehampton; April 22 H Feniton; April 26 H Bow; April 29 H Beer Albion and to be arranged A Okehampton.
Elmore last eight
April 1 H Seaton Town; April 8 H Exmouth Amateurs; April 15 A Honiton Town; April 17 H Clyst Valley; April 22 A Heavitree United and to be arranged: A Bow and H Feniton.