Honiton Town preparing for visit of Dawlish
Honiton Town suffered yet another postponement when they Fresha League Division Two game at Colaton Raleigh was ruined off.
Success in the Devon Senior Cup has limited Honiton’s league outings to just five and with only two Saturday’s before the New Year it looks like being a busy second half of the season for Kev Blackwell’s side.
The Town boss says: “I am not one of those who worry about a build up of games at the end of the season. I recall a previous stint as boss here a few season ago we had a run of Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and I felt that it actually enhanced the togetherness and the spirit within the squad was so good. We have a similar spirit this season and I am not concerned about a build up of fixtures.”
Town currently sit a precarious looking third bottom, but with only five games played – fewer than any other side in the section – they are also just a dozen points shy of the team currently third Beacon Knights who have played five games more.
The last time that Town played a Fresha League game was November 17. They will be hoping the weather allows them to entertain Dawlish this coming Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The South Devon side sit fourth in the table, eleven points better off than Town having played seven more games.
They have won just twice on their travels this season, at Chagford and Colaton Raleigh.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
Town are currently on a run of six straight wins since Blackwell took over as boss.