Honiton Town Reserves battle well in narrow defeat at Axminster Town
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Honiton Town Reserves suffered a third successive Macron League Division Three defeat when beaten 3-1 at Axminster Town Reserves.
What the score line does not tell it that the Hippos made the trip to Tiger Way with nine players aged 21 or under which augers so well for the future at Town.
The home side were far more experienced, but did not have things all their own way.
Blake Freemantle scored the goal and Matt Ayres was the stand-out individual performer for Town.
Manager John Lewis said: “We had a young side, but gave them a game and, with a bit more luck we may of got something out of it.
You may also want to watch:
“I can only commend the attitudes of everyone involved in our team at Axminster as I know one or two thought we may get a thumping!”
He continued: “This season is all about giving the youngsters their chance and letting them express themselves.”
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
On Saturday (October 1) Town Reserves host East Budleigh in league match.