Honiton Town Reserves left frustrated with Otterton defeat
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Town Reserves 1, Otterton 4 Honiton Town Reserves slipped to another disappointing defeat as they succumbed to one of their promotion chasing rivals in an East Devon derby.
Despite the score line, Town enjoyed large periods of second half dominance, but were unable to make that pay.
Charlie Lane scored the Town goal.
Manager John Lewis said: Going four goals down after 35 minutes was a blow, but thereafter we laid siege to their goal. I am actually disappointed we got nothing out of the contest as I felt we deserve something. It was a combination of excellent goal keeping and poor finishing that cost us. The teams effort, determination and spirit
was top notch, we played the ball on the floor and made them look decidedly average.”
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday Town are away at Silverton.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters