Honiton Town Under-11s hit by late Dawlish winner
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Town 2, Dawlish United 3 Honiton Town Under-11s were narrowly beaten in a close encounter at Mountbatten Park.
The visitor’s made a bright start and, with Honiton making their now customary sluggish start, Dawlish took full advantage and raced into a two-goal lead.
Honiton, once they found their feet, responded well and it was no more than they deserved when Becky Rose rifled home to halve the deficit at the interval.
Straight from the re-start Town levelled as Ben Spence muscled his way through before placing a well-struck shot beyond the keeper.
Both sides then went in search of a third and it fell to the away side when Town failed to clear their lines.
You may also want to watch:
Twice late on Town missed gilt-edged chances to level once more, but unfortunately they were unable to find the equaliser.
Town can be pleased with this performance against a side who are likely to finish in the top two. Players who stood out on the day included Will Whitworth for his commitment and drive, along with Dan Loosemore who covered every blade of grass from the two positions he was asked to play.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters