Honiton Treble Six success for Blackburn and Dimond
- Credit: Archant
The bank holiday weekend is when the Treble Six competition is traditionally played at Honiton, writes Andy Wagner.
Contested as a stableford format with the first six holes being better ball, the next six greensomes and the final six, foursomes.
Lady captain Elizabeth Davies presented the prizes. The winning couple for the second year running were Penny Blackburn and Terry Dimond with 43 points.
In second place with 40 points were Catherine and Charlie Doherty.
Third place had to be decided on countback with Elizabeth Wood and Cyril Dann claiming it with 39 points.
You may also want to watch:
There were three twos recorded, all on the second hole with each pair receiving eight golf balls.
The pairings were Sue and Dennis Calver, Linda and John Northover and Elizabeth Ward playing with club captain Ron Graham with Elizabeth holing out from the left hand greenside bunker!
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 7 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery