Honiton Troopers Under-9s battle bravely against strong Alphington opposition.
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Town Troopers 2, Alphington 8 After several weeks without a game due to the weather Honiton Troopers Under-9s started the game slowly and paid the price finding themselves 0 -3 down at half-time, writes Dave Haysom.
Without several fine saves from Harvey Lee and some great defending from both Chris Lucas and Jess Spence the score line could have been worse!
The second half continued in a similar way with Alphington continuing to dominate the play and scoring regularly.
Just before the break Lewis Clyburn won a free-kick which found Louis Stevens and he applied a composed finish. Clyburn then doubled the Troopers tally when he flighted a corner straight into the net!
While Harvey Lee put in another solid performance in goal it was Jess Spence who was awarded the Player of the Day honour for another superb display of defending.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Dave Haysom said: “It’s disappointing to go out of the cup, but there’s no escaping the quality in the Alphington side and their passing and movement was excellent and they scored some great goals.”
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery