Honiton Tuesday Mixed joy for Jackie and Alan Seager.
The past week saw Honiton players contest two mixed cup competitions, writes Andy Wagner.
The first was the Glanvill Cup which is a foursomes stableford competition, not everyone’s favourite format!
Twenty-four entered and there was only one two scored with Jackie and Allan Seager had an amazing brace on the first hole for which they won 16 balls!
Allan had a super drive and Jackie chipped in, which I believe was quite a surprise, as the ball took it’s time finding the hole! A good start with five points on the card, but the final winners were club captain, Ron Graham, playing with the ladies vice captain, Olwen Eaton, with 35 points.
The runners up were Catherine and Charlie Doherty with 33 points.
You may also want to watch:
On Tuesday the re-arranged Walker Cup was played and 36 entered. This is a much kinder greensome format competition as was reflected in the scores.
There were three twos scored with each successful pair winning six balls.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Ken and Elizabeth Wood and Paul Ritchie and Janet Hughes on the second and Peter and Heather Clarke on the fourth.
The final winners were Terry Dimond and Penny Blackburn with 44 points. They edged Paul Ritchie and Janet Hughes into second after countback after the latter named also carded 44 points. In third place were Peter and Heather Clarke with 42 points.