Honiton Tuesday Mixed success for Dickinson and Slater
- Credit: Archant
Treble Six is always popular with the Honiton Tuesday Mixed players, writes Andy Wagner.
The format gives everyone a chance to ‘get their swing going’ with the first six holes played as ‘better-ball’ before the greensomes format comes into play for the next six and foursomes is used for the last six.
Getting into their swings and staying that way throughout the game were Jan Dickinson and club vice-captain Stewart Slater with an amazing 45 points, aided in no small way by Jan’s putter - with husband John commenting: “Wish she putted like that when partnering me!”
Second place, with 38 points, and after countback, was the pairing of Di Wall and John Frith.
Third place, after that countback decision, went to Lesley Farley and John Northover.
You may also want to watch:
The wife of the club captain, Anne-Marie Graham, presented the prizes.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust