Honiton Tuesday Mixed success for foursome
- Credit: Archant
The latest Honiton Tuesday Mixed competition was a four ball team event with two scores to count, writes John Pawley.
With 36 players taking part, this was a hard fought competition – and all nine teams exceeding 80 points.
Some strong teams were inevitable, and countback rules were likely to be incurred.
If you put Sue and Paul Ritchie together with Elizabeth Ward and Mike Delaney a score of 94 points is not a surprise, and with a back nine of 49 points they won the competition.
Just nudged into second place, with a back nine of 46 were Di and Phil Wall, Sue Kelson and Cyril Dann – another strong group.
You may also want to watch:
Third place, with 89 points, were Cherry Liell, Penny Blackburn, James Liell and Ken Wood.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 10 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost