Honiton Tuesday Mixed success for McLaughlin and Calver
- Credit: Archant
Considering the amount of rain we have had recently the course at Honiton was in very good condition for the Monthly Chivers Trophy competition, writes Amndy Wagner.
The match saw a draw for playing partners with the format being greensome stableford and 28 members participated.
The winning score was 31 points which was posted by the pairing of Linda McLaughlin and Den Calver.
Second place, with 30 points, and after countback, were Lesley Farley and Bob Barnes. Edged into third by countback were Carole Booth and Paul Ritchie.
Fourth place went to Su Calver and Jason Gosling with 29 points.
You may also want to watch:
Following the ball draw and prize announcements Stephanie Barnes then presented Jennifer and Richard Pyle with a card signed by the members together with gifts to thank them for the amount of work and time it takes to organise the mixed competitions throughout the year and members were pleased that they have agreed to continue. Richard then thanked everyone for their support.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief