Honiton Tuesday Mixed triumph for Farley and Wood
How quickly the month’s go - as this week is was once again time to play for the Chivers Goblets, writes Andy Wagner.
This time round it was played as a greensome stableford with a draw for playing partners.
This month’s winners were Lesley Farley and Ken Wood with 39 points.
Second place went to Sue Ritchie and John Frith with 37 points whilst third, after countback, with their score of 34 points, were the pairing of Stephanie Barnes and Max Pipe.
A Mixed Match against East Devon was played at Honiton on Sunday. This year these matches are being organised by Bob and Stephanie Barnes and are always an enjoyable and sociable occasion followed by a meal.
You may also want to watch:
Ten pairings played with Honiton winning seven-and-a-half to two-and-a-half. Everyone enjoyed the wonderful sunshine with the fairways and greens in excellent condition. Well done, to the groundstaff.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon