Honiton Under-10s beaten in two games at Tiverton
Honiton Under-10s went down 4-1 at Tiverton-based Twyford Spartans.
The team pitched up in Tiverton without defenders Gary Daru and Jess Spence due to the pair being unavailable through illness.
Honiton started well and took early control without taking any of the many opportunities their bright start presented.
A couple of lapses in concentration lead to them being 2-0 down at half-time. After the break Honiton again bossed for long periods and Isaac Lidster fired them back into the contest with a fine individual goal.
Pushing for an equaliser Honiton were caught twice io the counter to slip to a defeat.
You may also want to watch:
started a determined run down the right wing that ended with a fine finish into the far corner. As Honiton pushed for a deserved equaliser, they were hit by two late counter attack goal’s, eventually going down 4-1.
Next up they faced a Tiverton side that beat them 5-2. Once again Honiton made a bright start and looked solid at the back where Chris Lucas, Isaac Lidster and Harvey Haysom all stood out.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
After falling behind a Lidster long throw caused panic in the Tiverton box and Will White levelled. The hosts hit straight back to regain the lead, but parity was restored by the interval thanks to a Lewis Clyburn goal. After the break Honiton again struggled to cope with the Tiverton attacks and they also lost Chris Lucas to injury. After a reshuffle, Ashton Beck joined the defence, but they were unable to prevent Tiverton scoring three more goals to complete a disappointing morning for the team.