Honiton Under-10s power to double delight at Chard
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Under-10s powered their way to a brace of emphatic victories against hosts Chard, writes Ben Lee.
After all the recent bad weather it was something for the youngsters to simply get out onto the pitch and play!
The tone for a dominant performance was set from the very first play of the match when Joe Evans threw an outrageous dummy and scorched in for an early score before grabbing a second late on.
Strong rucking from Honiton starved Chard of the ball before Charlie Sheppard, Joshua Giles and Harrison Lawson powered over and Honiton ran out 25-0 victors.
In the second match a more fluid Honiton began to move the ball around and some slick passing where the ball went through several pairs of hands saw Joe Evans score his sixth try of the game. He was joined on the score sheet once again by Charlie Sheppard and Joshua Giles with two while Osian Owen pounced late on.
You may also want to watch:
All in all it was a great team performance with Honiton showing in patches what they are capable of, especially in the second game.
A special mention should go to Felix Robinson who returned to the side after a lengthy injury, but the Man of the Match award was shared between all the boys for their team work and great sportsmanship in helping out a depleted Chard team who suffered a string of injuries.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 6 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding