Honiton Under-10s tackle visitng Sidmouth and Weston-super-Mare
Honiton Under-10s entertained neighbours Sidmouth and tourists Weston-super-Mare in there penultimate outing of the season.
First up the young Lacelads took on Sidmouth in atrocious conditions and it was a stubborn opposition defence that enabled them to shade an excellent game 20-10 with Tim Goody and Joe Evans grabbing the home scores.
The next games consisted of an East Devon Barbarians side made up of Sidmouth and Honiton players who combined to face tourists Weston.
The first game was won comfortably 25-5 by the Barbarians who combined some strong forward play with some slick hands during a brief break in the rain.
The second match was a much tighter affair, and, despite the driving rain, it was Weston who moved the ball around the most successfully with their 10 and 13 both crossing the whitewash, the result of which was a 15-5 victory to the tourists.
You may also want to watch:
The Man of the Match honour was a close run affair with Harrison Lawson and Osian Owen strong at the ruck and Evans and Goody elusive in the loose, but it was awarded to Edward Grimshaw who showed great composure at number ten.
All in all it was a fantastic morning of rugby with smiles all around and the Lacelads can now look forward to their final match of the season next Sunday at home to another touring side from Cardiff, Llanishen.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts