Honiton Under-12s win thanks to own goal double
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Youth Under-12s were 2-0 winners when they took on City Raiders Galaxy in an Exeter and District Youth League game.
Having won the week before confidence was high throughout the Honiton team and they passed the ball around well, looking to get forward at every opportunity.
They got the reward for their endeavours when, midway through the first half Caleb Freemantle broke free on the left flank and his cross from the bye line was diverted into the net by the unfortunate Galaxy keeper!
The home team then seized the initiative and doubled their advantage when another foray into the opposition penalty area resulted in the game’s second own goal.
The hosts carried their lead into half time and although the second period saw no further goals, Honiton were rarely troubled and thoroughly deserved their victory. Most pleasing was another clean sheet with goalkeepers Will Whitworth and Freemantle, who shared the duties, worthy of mention.
You may also want to watch:
Honiton travel to Exeter on Saturday (March 14) to play the Galaxy’s twin side, City Raiders, where they will be looking to claim a third straight success.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled