Honiton Under-13s win well at North Tawton
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Under 13’s returned from the long trip to North Tawton with a richly deserve clean sheet, 2-0 success.
The first half did not produce a goal as the contest was played out by two well-matched sides.
Despite the lack of goals there was no end of action! Both teams created several chances and can thank their goalkeeper’s for keeping the game scoreless.
Honiton glovesman Will Whitworth managed to make amends for spilling a routine shot by bravely saving at the feet of an onrushing attacker.
After the break, with the advantage of a significant slope, Honiton pinned the home side deep in their own half and, after going close a number of times, broke the deadlock when a cross from the right by Caleb Freemantle was turned home by Dominic McCreadie-Taylor.
You may also want to watch:
The lead was swiftly doubled when Freemantle latched on to Dan Loosemore’s lofted ball into the penalty area and drilled it home.
In what was a superb all-round and complete team performance, special mention should go to Becky Rose and Matthew Ward, who showed great energy in midfield, and also to full backs Devon Walcott and Sammy Paveley.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax