Honiton Under-14s net fine win over Copplestone Rangers
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Under-14s bounced back to winning ways with a 9-4 victory over Copplestone Rangers at St Rita’s.
Starting brightly, Honiton pushed forward and grabbed the lead through Caleb Freemantle before conceding a swift equaliser. This proved to be the pattern of the first half, as although dominating possession, every time they scored to move into the lead, they proved unable to keep the visitors at bay and half time saw a narrow 4-3 advantage.
To their credit, the hosts raised their game after the break and scored a further five goals with only a single reply from Copplestone.
Caleb Freemantle led the scoring honours with four goals and there was a hat-trick from Dominic McCreadie-Taylor.
An own goal plus Matthew Ward’s first goal in two years completed the scoring, indeed Ward was unlucky not to double his tally as his header came back off the crossbar not once, but twice!
You may also want to watch:
All players played their part, especially during an excellent second half display and with Harry Horn, stepping up from the Under-13s, between the posts, regular keeper Will Whitworth enjoyed an outfield game and an energetic display in centre midfield saw him assist in a couple of goals as well as coming close to scoring himself.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone