Honiton Under-15s edged out in thriller at Crediton
Crediton 43, Honiton 29 Honiton Under-16s were once again engage d in a high scoring close contest with the Mid Devon outfit, writes Paz Parrott.
Honiton got off to a dream start when a wide ball allowed Josh Dean to weave his way over.
This lead was short lived as Crediton scored, and then added two more to hold a commanding lead.
Playing catch up rugby, Richie Webber got a try back, but Crediton’s vice like grip on the game saw them score two more tries to be well ahead at the break, leading 31-10.
Staring down the barrel of a hefty defeat, Honiton dug deep and with a lot of pressure in the Crediton 22, they eventually broke the defence with another Josh Dean try.
You may also want to watch:
The game was then a bit tit for tat as Crediton matched tries that Honiton scored through Robin Bennett and Dean Patch.
It was a good fight-back though with Honiton winning the second half however the scores conceded in the first half proved to be the real difference, but it was an entertaining game for those watching.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 9 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 10 Riding through the lockdown restrictions