Honiton Under-8s do well in three matches at Teignmouth
Honiton Tigers Under-7s won two and were narrowly edged but in another of their three matches with hosts Teignmouth.
First up they were 13-12 victors in a close contest against a spirited home side.
Harvey Hannay was the match winner for Honiton as he scored a double hat-trick. Tyler Patch crossed the home line five times and the other try scorers were Ewan Powers-Maguire and Jake Downs.
Game two was just as close before the home side claimed a 16-13 triumph.
In this game a late second half fight back wasn’t enough to earn them victory, but there were some brilliant team tries which pleased coaches and parents alike. Tom Phillips scored five times and there were three tires each for Charlie Pickering and Jake Carter whilst Harry Kent bagged a brace.
You may also want to watch:
Game three saw Honiton win 15-9 with a clinical second half display.
This match could have gone either way at half-time as the Tigers only led 8-6, but they weren’t to be denied as Alexander Goody (6), Robert Hennessy (4), birthday boy Finley Backhouse (4) and CJ Nequest scored the all important tries. Young Nequest impressed throughout despite playing with a few knocks picked up in the warm-up!
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
This weekend the youngsters meet Exmouth in a much anticipated East Devon derby.