Honiton Under-9s so impressive in wins over Hemyock and Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Under-9s recorded a brace of fine victories when they met Hemyock and Sidmouth in Exeter and District Youth League matches played at Newton Poppleford.
On what was a chilly morning, the Honiton youngsters were grateful for their brand-new training tops supplied by Honiton Sports Shop and sponsored by Classic Home Improvements; the extra layer was certainly required!
In the first game against Hemyock, goals from Josh Griffiths, a fine free-kick and a close range finish following good work from Alfie Lloyd, saw Honiton take a 2-0 lead into half-time.
After the break, a brace of goals from Tao Wallis wrapped up a 4-0 success.
Against Sidmouth, the Honiton youngsters began well and moved the ball around with some crisp passing.
You may also want to watch:
This opened up the opposition on a number of occasions and resulted in what was ultimately a 7-0 win.
A most pleasing aspect for the coaching staff was that, in the second game, there were six different goal scorers!
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 10 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
Toby Morrish and George Selway both netted their first goals from the club and the other goals came from Noah Pemberton, Dexter van Broom, Oliver Beer, Tao Wallis, and an own goal.
Josh Welch provided two assists from well-placed corners.