Honiton upset form book
Exmouth RFC 29, Honiton 2nd XV 41
Honiton 2nds travelled away once again this week to face the daunting task of Exmouth at home. With Honiton sitting fifth and Exmouth second, and Honiton not having won there before, Exmouth started favourites. However, in an outstanding performance, the Laceman left the Cockles with all the points in a pulsating 41-29 victory, writes Tom Churchward.
The sides were level at half time, 12-12. Honiton’s tries were scored by Dan Williams and Jon Galling, that try converted by Ben Webber.
Honiton started the second half in an explosive fashion which saw three tries run in from Dan Williams, Ben Dobson and Alan Wilson, the first two converted by Ben Webber, leaving the score at 31-12. Penalties were shared from both teams, before shell-shocked Exmouth crossed over for a converted try.
Andy Canniford found room to run in from the halfway line, and Webber converted and the score, with 10 minutes left, was 41-22. In the final 10 minutes Exmouth crossed over for one more try.
You may also want to watch:
Honiton will look to continue their good form next week as they entertain Totnes in their first home game since November 2011.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op