Torpoint Atheltic v Honiton Town: Preview
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Town face a tricky tie away at South West Peninsula League Premier East high-flyers Torpoint Athletic on Saturday.
The hosts, who play their football at the Mill, are currently second in the table, just two points behind leaders Ilfracombe Town.
Torpoint have only tasted defeat on four occasions this campaign and have won 12 of their 18 games so far. Their form in the last five games has been good with three wins, one draw and one defeat. The highlight of that run was an 8-1 win over Torrington.
They are one of the league's highest goalscorers too and their record of 59 scored is only beaten by Bovey Tracey's 66.
Meanwhile, Honiton currently reside in 14th place having won six, drawn one and lost ten of their 17 games. They have scored 25 goals and conceded 38.
You may also want to watch:
The Hippos, like many other teams in the league, have been hampered by recent weather and have not played a game since Decemeber 7's 3-2 loss at home to Dartmouth.
The fixture is set to kick off at 2.15pm but is of course subject to weather conditions as the league has implemented the severe weather protocol which allows clubs to postpone the game without a referee's inspection.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery