Honiton Walker Cup success for Sue and Paul Ritchie
- Credit: Archant
Due to the heavy rain the Honiton course was closed in the early part of the day on Bank Holiday Monday, writes Liz Rogers.
However, at midday, with the weather much improved and club manager Adrian opened the course and so the Walker Cup competition could be played.
This is a greensomes stableford competition played each August Bank Holiday Monday and 30 members participated.
The winners of the Walker Cup were Sue and Paul Ritchie with an excellent score of 41 points.
It was a close call for the runners-up spot with countback used to separate Catherine and Charlie Doherty from Linda and John Northover after both pairings scored 39 points.
You may also want to watch:
There were a brace of twos, scored by Sue and Paul Ritchie and Jan and John Dickinson.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 10 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope