Honiton win Devon County Mixed Pairs
- Credit: Honiton Bowls
The final and semi-final of the Devon County Mixed Pairs was played at Culm Vale and it turned out to be a brilliant end to the season for Honiton bowlers.
Trevor Pipe and Yvonne Rayner from Honiton played against Rose Reed and Peter Wade from Bradworthy in the semi final. The first ten ends proved tight and then Trevor and Yvonne won the next eight ends, winning the match (21 - 11).
Much the same happened in the final when Trevor and Yvonne played G Grantham and B Grantham from Plymouth Francis Drake, edging away in the latter stages to triumph in a super final (22-21).
The Centenary Charity Match was played for the Fortescue Shield. This match is played in a round robin format and the winners were J. Mitchell, M Richards and T Dredge with a final score of (+20).
On a hot sunny day, a touring team from Oxford Town Bowling Club visited Honiton to play a Mixed Friendly match with Honiton winning (126 - 98). Top rink G Adlem, M Parsons, C Morfey, K Mc Carthy (32 - 6).
You may also want to watch:
The Friendly match played at Honiton against Ottery St Mary proved to be very friendly with the final score being a draw (55 - 55). Top rink R Rogers, S Willcox, G Stafrace (18 - 9). Honiton also visited Bradnich for a Mixed Friendly match with Bradnich winning (70 -60). Top rink J Hoffman, C James, B Adlem (18-14).
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 6 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 7 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 10 Premier League contract for local footballer