Honiton Youth in five star show to win Under-15 Cup tie
- Credit: Getty Images/Brand X
Honiton Youth Under 15’s were handsome 5-0 winners when they took on Copplestone Rangers in a League Cup first round tie.
Taking the game to the visitors from the outset, Honiton dominated proceedings but despite spending extended periods in the Copplestone half, the hosts only had a single goal lead to show at half-time through Caleb Freemantle.
The second half saw Honiton cut loose and once Freemantle grabbed his and the sides second from Matt Ward’s assist, they never looked back.
Number three was the goal of the game when Ewan Evans stepped up to bend a splendid free kick over the wall and into the top corner. Evans then doubled his tally, reacting first to Ollie Turl’s interception to fire home, this time into the bottom corner.
Honiton’s fifth and final goal saw a rare occurrence, with Harvey Newton stretching to head home from close range.
You may also want to watch:
The whole team gave a committed performance with special mention going to Charlie Shepherd and Harry Horn, stepping up from the Under-14s to boost numbers, and both of whom performed admirably.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery