Hornets’ victory over Ashmoor Res
Honiton found their home fixture - played at the Colin Tooze Sports Centre, Ottery St Mary, on the synthetic turf pitch - to be a very young Ashmoor Reserves side.
Ashmoor are from West Dartmoor and it proved to be a fairly straightforward game for Honiton as eight of the opposing team were still at secondary school.
But the group of youngsters played with great determination and were in no way fazed by the experience, giving an excellent account of themselves throughout.
Their young goal keeper, in particular, deserves special mention, since without her splendidly calm and mature efforts, the scoreline against her side would have been much higher.
Four goals were scored by the home side during the first half and each of the goals hit the backboard in a resounding manner.
You may also want to watch:
The team played with enthusiasm and skill, using the whole pitch and each other to achieve interesting and constructive patterns of play.
Three goals were added after the break.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 9 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
The scorers were Becky Bond, Sophie George and Jean Herniman, with two goals each, and Lucy Le Cocq.
Player of the Match was Lucy Le Cocq.
?Practices continue to take place each Tuesday evening from 8pm - 9.30pm at Cullompton (by kind invitation of, and in conjunction with, Culm Vale Hornets Hockey Club.)
Transport leaves from Dowell St Car Park at 7.30pm.
If any girls (over 16) or ladies, regardless of current skills, would like to join these sessions and require transport, please be at the meeting place by 7.30pm.
You will be made most welcome.