Hughes a happy chap at Axe Cliff
- Credit: Archant
In the third medal round of the Axe Cliff seniors’ Masters competition last Friday, the blustery conditions made scoring difficult for nearly all except for the last man to finish, writes Janet Dack.
Geoff Hughes (16) completed a par equalling 70 nett to win the day.
He finished three strokes better than the earlier leader Keith Wilson (13) who carded a 73 nett.
Two players were one behind on 74 nett with count back separating them for third place to go to Alan Vincent (18).
Charles Whitbourn (28) was the player to miss out, but he made up for that by winning the Warren Cup, played in conjunction with the medal, but open only to players of 21 handicap and over.
You may also want to watch:
Keith Wilson scored the only two of the day.
For the main competition two players now share the lead, Alan Vincent and Roger Hill on 221, with Keith Wilson nearest the leaders on 228. The final round is on Friday.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax