Inter Club win for Fenny ladies
Mixed team continue good run
The highlight of the week was the success of the Feniton Ladies team in the Inter Club Competition.
They defeated Kingsbridge at Newton Abbot by 47-32, well done! The winning rink was Glynda Blackmore, Ruth Clarke, Lyn Eveleigh and Ruby Veitch 31-9.the other rink of Judy Smith, Gill Smith, Avril Coyne and Christine Granger lost by 16-23.
The next match, will be against Honiton in the quarter finals of the cross- county competition.
The final match in the Men’s County Trophy competition resulted in a much needed win against Sidmouth by 85 -75.
You may also want to watch:
The result meant that Feniton avoided finishing bottom of the league. The winning rinks were Robin Cooke, Phil Spreadbury, Ian Veitch and Kevin Lovering 32-13 and Andrew Evans, Eddie Cox, Martyn Eveleigh and Tony Kury 22-17.
The only match in the over-60s league saw the A team lose at Dunkeswell by 28-58.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
The mixed team continued with their good run with more success. A good win was achieved away at Chudleigh by 107-83.
The winning rinks were Ruth Clarke. Graham Phillips, Eileen Tuck and Don Conbeer 29-5, Frank Jones, Norma Cox, Martyn Eveleigh and Richard North 23-18 and Glynda Blackmore, Bob Crowe-Swords, John Livings and Tony Kury 25-18.
Then they defeated Heavitree by 110-83. The winning rinks were Ted Pyle, Eddie Cox, Gill Smith and Lyn Eveleigh 18-15, Norma Cox, Ted Goodenough, Graham Phillips and Kevin Lovering 31-14, Frank Jones, Dot Chipperfield, Alan Smith and Mike Chipperfield 20-18 and Colin Cheesley, Don Conbeer, Glynda Blackmore and Martyn Eveleigh 24-17.
The only blot on their copybook was a defeat away at Axminster by 72-79. The only winning rink was Frank Jones, Allan Godfrey, Ruby Veitch and Tony Kury 22-19
ABOVE: The successful ladies Inter Club team from Feniton BC.