It’s Grizzly time - 2013 race takes place this Sunday
- Credit: Archant
The 26th running of the Grizzly and Cub runs start together on Seaton Esplanade at 10.30 am this coming Sunday (March 10).
This year the event’s sub title read: “Grime and Punishment” – for obvious reasons - and they remain one of the toughest Multi-Terrain challenges you are likely to come across.
The 20’ish mile Grizzly will finish at the same location from approx 1pm.
The shorter 9-mile Cub Run which is run over part of the main course will finish from approx. 11.30 am.
There are 1,820 entrants in the Grizzly with Sandhurst Joggers bringing 27 runners and host club AVR have 60 entries.
You may also want to watch:
There are 16 grizzly runners from the Netherlands, three from Denmark and Switzerland and a few more overseas entrants.
There are 307 runners in the Cub Run, plus the “Grizfest” and junior runs on Grizzly Saturday. The Headquarters this year will be at Seaton Town Hall.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust