Jon Day leads AVRs home at Frome Sprint Triathlon
- Credit: Archant
Two AVRs took part in the Frome Sprint Triathlon and both achieved PBs improved by over three minutes, writes Dave Mutter.
The triathlon comprised of a 400m swim, a 23k bike race and a 5k run.
Jon Day was first home for Team AVR Multi-Sports with his split times being swim 9:02, bike 47:31 and run 23:00, with a total time of 1:22:57, which placed him 51st out of a field of 246.
Anthony Chadwick was very close behind (swim 8:35, bike 48:02 and run 23:15) in a total time of 1:23:06, which saw him finish 52nd.
This was the second time the pair had done this, as it is a very friendly well-organized event by Frome Triathlon Club.
You may also want to watch:
Starting and finishing on picturesque Broadsands beach, 172 entrants lined up for the inaugural multi-terrain Torbay Five Bays Challenge.
This is a 10k race with a course that takes runners along shingle beaches, up and down 423 steps and across a long section of rocky and tree-root-strewn coastal path to Brixham and back, via four further bays. The first AVR home was Tim Lenton, finishing second overall and first MV45 in 45:15.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
Next home in AVR colours was Graham Newton, in 55:36, which placed him 32nd and first MV65.
Both men were presented with a bottle of wine, which has now all gone!