Junior netball gets off to flying start at Honiton
Honiton Junior Netball league has been running an U14 coaching club.
Honiton Junior Netball league has been running an U14 coaching club. Having held an open day in June 09, the league started running sessions in September.
There are 38 girls from years 8 and 9 from all over East Devon turning up each week. After five weeks of coaching and friendly games, the league is now in the second week of competitive games.
The girls were divided into four teams, Bo Peeps, who have been adopted by the Bo Peeps ladies' team who play in the Honiton League. 3T Pines, who as the name suggests, are linked to (3T) Tip Top Trees Ladies Netball Club.
And two teams, YAG and Shooting Stars, are mentored by Young Sports Leaders from local colleges.
You may also want to watch:
The Honiton league is always open to new players please email email@example.com for more information.
Week 1 Bo Peeps 12 , 3T Pines 2
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
YAG 12 , Shooting Starts 4
Bo Peeps got off to a strong start with a fine 12-2 win over 3T Pines who, despite their best efforts, could not break down the Peeps' defence.
YAG (Yellow and Great) were just in front with Shooting Stars at the end of the first quarter 3-1.
However, they really stepped up a gear in the second and Stars were never able to catch up despite working hard. The game ending with YAG taking second spot with their 12-4 victory.
Week 2: 3T Pines 12, Shooting Stars 8
Bo Peeps 18 YAG 2
3T Pines climbed up to second after a close game with Stars. It was all level 1-1 at quarter time.
Pines pulled away over the next two quarters to go into the final session 11-4 in front. Stars doubled their score and held Pines off, so they only scored once, which was enough for the Stars to gain a well-earned point as the game ended 12-8.
Bo Peeps held on to top spot with another convincing win, this time over YAG who, despite their best efforts, came out on the wrong end of the 18-2 score line meaning they dropped from second to third.