Kayes stars as Rangers win well
- Credit: Archant
Offwell Rangers were 2-1 winners at Cheriton Fitzpaine in a Fresha league Division Seven encounter.
Manager Scott Phillips had asked the players to show a response from the previous outings disappointing show at Central and the players delivered one!
Rangers made a bright start and took and early lead with an Ashley Trudgeon header.
That sparked a spell of sustained Rangers pressure with a number of chances created, but none were taken.
As so often happens when chances go begging, the home side hit back and levelled before the break.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Rangers again got onto the front foot from an early stage, but again chances were missed before, with five minutes remaining, a penalty was awarded and Ernie Stubbs tucked it away to send Rangers back to East Devon with all three points.
Goal keeper Ben Kayes was the star of the show for Rangers as he pulled off a number of exceptional saves.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
Next up for Scott Phillips and his side this Saturday (March 8) is another trip to Mid Devon with the opposition this time, third bottom Tivvy Park Rangers (3pm).