Keech seals top three finish in Hampshire Rose Cup
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Devon golfer Sophie Keech clinched a top-three finish in the first English competition of the season
Keech was representing Parkstone GC of Dorset in the Hampshire Rose Cup played at Northants Golf Club.
The ex-Lyme Regis player was one of 66 competitors.
In sunny yet very windy conditions, she teed off from the 10th and after the first 18 holes came in with +3 for fifth place at halfway.
Keech and caddie Dave Morgan went out battling the winds yet confident.
You may also want to watch:
Four birdies took her round one under par for a final score or two over, which tied her for second with Inci Memet. Keech was placed third on count back. Alice Hewson won by one shot.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery