Ken Fordie Trophy win for Bob Cleal
- Credit: Archant
Seventy-four seniors competed for the coveted Ken Fordie Trophy, writes Ann Desmoulins.
Once again, and as had been expected owing to the excellent playing conditions, there were some extremely high scores which should result in some substantial handicap reductions!
In Division One the honours were taken by David Morris with his score of 43 points and second, with 39 points, was John Birch.
Third place went to Steve Butcher (38) and fourth was Malcolm Matthews (37).
In Division Two it was Bob Cleal who took the honours with his score of 45 points and he also won the Ken Fordie Trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Second was Tony Proudfoot with 41 points while Alex Neil (39) and George Smith (38(), took third and fourth places respectively. Congratulations, to Bob on a terrific score.
There were three twos scored with each one winning 15 balls: Martin Stockley, David Morris and Derek Herrington all achieved a two on the second hole.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts