Kenn deny Honiton as Holmes gets more runs.
Honiton’s fine start held up at Kenn.
Honiton’s bid for a second successive victory was held up at Kenn where the home side closed on 186-7 facing the Honiton offering of 272 all out.
Adam Holmes was again in great form as he the top score of 65.
Pete Matravers (38) and skipper Kev Kelly (33) helped guide Honiton to their impressive total.
The hosts were then always looking to save the game with Pete Tansley sending down thirteen overs, returning 3-21 and Kelly completed a fine all round effort with 2-36.
You may also want to watch:
Ashley Caddy led by example, top scoring with 69 in an Uplyme total of 210-8 at Filleigh where they won by 70 runs.
The North Devon hosts were then bundled out for 140 with John Toates taking 4-26.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
On Saturday Honiton look to continue their decent start with a trip to Uplyme and Lyme Regis.
Honiton II won without striking a ball in anger as scheduled hosts North Devon III became the latest side not to be able to raise an eleven.