Kentisbeare a good place for developing young cricketers.
- Credit: Archant
Kentisbeare CC may be an archetypical village cricket club, but they have a youth system that is the envy of many clubs.
The Mid Devon villagers began a new season of evening coaching last Thursday at the splendid setting of the Uffculme School Sports Hall last Thursday when the Under-13 and Under-15 teams were put through their paces by Dave Bunker and his coaching staff.
Bunker is the sort of enthusiastic coach that every club needs! His attention to detail is second to none and clearly a lot of work goes into the preparation and layout of an hours’ coaching!
The first session had three areas for the youngsters to work in. Bunker took the players through basic cricket shots, Andy Hazledine ran a net session with a bowling machine and the Kent’s senior 2nd XI skipper Tom Martin, ran a bowling class.
Bunker says: “I love the sport and am very passionate about introducing new youngsters to it. I like nothing more than to have a teenager come to us who has not played the game before and, with plenty of hard work, we get them playing to a standard that they can get into nets with mates and not look out of place. I do enjoy all aspects of cricket coaching and enjoy nothing more than seeing a youngster who I have helped to develop step out of youth cricket and into the senior game.”
You may also want to watch:
The sessions will continue to be run each Thursday night until the lighter nights arrive and the session will switch to the Kentisbeare cricket ground. If you would like your youngster to get involved in the game give Dave Bunker a call on 01404 823293.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West