Kilmington denied by Bridestowe last pair
Kilmington were involved in a thrilling game at home to Bridestowe that saw the visitors win thanks to a 16 run partnership by their last two batsmen.
Adam Culley (41) provided the main innings for Kilmington who were set for a low total at 125-7 until skipper Hal Cook came to the wicket and struck an unbeaten 30 to lead his side to a closing total of 185-8.
The skipper then claimed 3-53 and there were three wicket hauls also for Tom Gooding (3-24) and Ben Noble (3-42). It ended painfully though for the home side as Bridestowe’s last two batsmen edged them over the line.
On Saturday Kilmington, who sit third in the table, host Halberton and Sampford Peverell.
Kilmington 2nds were big winners at Cheriton Fitzpaine II where Graham Watt struck a splendid 75 and there was an equally impressive 67 from Martin Huscroft in the Kilmington total of 222-7.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Morris then claimed a fivefer, finishing with 5-27 whilst Richard Stenning took 3-5 from 8.2 overs as the Cherries were skittled out for 57. This weekend the 2nds host Halberton & Sampford Peverell.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 5 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 6 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 7 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery