Kilmington edged out in close affair with Whimple
- Credit: Archant
Kilmington went down by 23 runs at Whimple where, replying to the home sides 196, they were bowled out for 173.
Skipper Hal Cook took 4-38 and Charlie Potter claimed 3-33 as the Kilmington bowling attack cleaned up the Whimple innings.
However, the home total proved enough with only Rob Meakins with 43 able to make any real progress and the final wicket fell with Kilmington 23 runs shy of the home total.
Kilmington II were four wicket winners at home to Whimple II where James Lambert claimed an outstanding haul of seven wickets.
Lambert finished with figures of 7-23 and Maurice Bevis bagged a brace in the Whimple 133 all out.
You may also want to watch:
Ash Cook then hit an unbeaten 41 to lead his side over the line.
On Saturday Kilmington’s senior side travel to Kenn whilst the second eleven host Uplyme & Lyme Regis II.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding