Kirk’s unbeaten half century leads Otters to comfortable win.
Matt Kirk’s splendid unbeaten half century, coupled with a four wicket haul for Rob Johns, took Ottery to a nine wicket win over Countess Wear.
Ottery St Mary made short work of visiting Countess Wear who they beat by nine wickets.
The Exeter side batted first and, but for a fine knock of 61 from Kav Diaz, had precious little else in the book as Rob Johns (4-22), Mark Woodman (3-20), Sam Loud (2-8) and Nick Dowman (1-22), taking the wickets.
Matt Kirk then hit an unbeaten 69 to hurry the Otters across the winning line. Steve Forbes was the other not out batsman at the close with 22 and George Biggs was the only home batsmen to be dismissed for 9.
Ottery sit second, nine points behind leaders Ipplepen who have dropped just one of the eighty points available to date. Next up it’s a local derby for the Otters this Saturday with a short trip to Acland Park to meet Feniton.
You may also want to watch:
Ottery St Mary 2nds made it four wins from four and an impressive eighty points from eighty with a 76 run win over hosts Clyst St George. D Fowler (68no) and Barry Flicker (40), combined to help the Otters to 262-8.
The Bohea Field side were then bowled out for 186 with James Faulkner taking 5-45.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 10 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
On Saturday the currently all-conquering Ottery II entertain Cornwood III looking to make it five wins from five and a full house of one hundred points!