Lacemen set to start 2018 at Bude
- Credit: Archant
Honiton launch a new year of league fixtures with a Saturday (January 6) visit to Bude.
The Lacemen went into the three week festive break with a 28-12 home win over Wessex – that a third straight win after they had previously won at Torrington (26-5) and at home to Tavistock (34-0).
The last time the Lacemen suffered a defeat in the current league season was on November 25 when they down 39-22 at Saltash.
That loss in Cornwall remains only one of three league defeats so far this term with the others being on successive match days in October with a 20-13 home defeat to Lanner followed by a 9-3 loss at Penryn.
January provides lots of optimism that the Lacemen can continue their push for promotion.
You may also want to watch:
They follow the trip to Bude, who they beat 35-11 at Allhallows on matchday three of the campaign, with a home game against Hayle (who they defeated 34-19 in Cornwall in the first meeting) and then a trip to Devon rivals Withycombe who they edged out by a single point in their late September meeting at Honiton.
The next three fixtures offer the Lacemen the opportunity to beat their best run of wins so far this season. That was the first five fixtures that they were victorious in before that first defeat at home to Lanner on October 7.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
Indeed, if they win the next three to make it six successive victories they would go into the return meeting with Lanner (January 27) with plenty of confidence.