Ladies’ enjoy fun Stableford
In pleasant playing conditions, the January Stableford attracted 37 Seniors last Friday. Scoring was excellent and two players netted 41 points with Peter Rollason (23) winning on countback from Jack Bannister (25), who had to settle for second place, writes Janet Dack.
Terry Jessup (20) took third spot with 39 points. There were two 2s from Terry Jessup and Chris Walker.
The sixth round of the Seniors’ Winter League programme took place on Monday, again in fine winter weather. In a close finish the winners with 37 points were Mike Tomes/Geoff Hubbard. Two teams scored 36 points with second place on countback going to Terry Jessup/Rob Heard leaving Tony Strong /Bob Flay in third spot. Geoff Hubbard had the only two of the day.
Division One for the January Medal was won by Mike Cottam (10) with a nett 62. Second place went to Stuart Mackie (10) beating Gareth Richardson (12) on the back nine both with nett 68. Second Division winner was Michael Davis (20) nett 66, second was Matt Donnan (25) and in third place, with a nett 68, David Lacy. Twos were scored by Andy Gabb, Nigel Harding, Paul Curtin, Cyril Hellier and Richard Gibbins.
You may also want to watch:
In glorious sunshine - hard to believe it was only January, the Ladies enjoyed a fun Stableford Competition in teams of three.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
One score to count on the first hole, two scores on the second and all three on the third and so on. The final winners were lady captain Barbara Cummings, competition secretary Glenda Board and Liz Wheeldon.