Ladies love blue sky golf
- Credit: Archant
SENIORS - the Christmas Stableford, rained of in December, went ahead last Friday, with around 40 Seniors taking part in good golfing conditions, writes Janet Dack.
The field was split into two sections and in the top division, handicaps up to and including 19, there was one fantastic round with a score of 45 points by John Mant (18).
In second place with 38 points came Peter Knighting (15) and third, a point behind, was Chris Walker (13).
In Division two, the winner with 37 points was Leighton Morgan (24). Terry Jessup (20) claimed second spot with 34 points. and third was Neil Moorcraft (21), with 33 points.
?On Monday, the seventh round of the Seniors’ Winter League Programme took place and in continued good golfing conditions some excellent scores were recorded.
You may also want to watch:
Again no team is edging too far ahead although Monday’s winners, Rob Heard/Hugh Willis with 36 points are not relaxing their grip.
Hard on their heels are Chris Walker/Nick Povey who scored 35 points, while two teams netted 34 points, Sid Pember/Neil Moorcraft and Alan Vincent/Charles Whitbourn.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 10 How you can help your children keep up with studying
The only two of the day was scored by Alan Vincent
LADIES - Under a blue sky (for a change) the ladies of Axe Cliff competed for an 18 hole Par competition. The winning lady was Vice Captain Glenda Board with a very respectable minus two Second place went to Lesley Crawford, beating Pauline Willis on count back.