Lane at the double as Upottery look to promotion
North Tawton 4, Upottery 6 Chaz Lane bagged a double as the villagers led three times before finally closing out the game.
There were five goals in the first half with Upottery going into the break with a 3-2 advantage. They were then pegged back twice at 3-3 and then 4-4 before two late goals sealed their victory.
Chaz Lane (2), Sam Winslade, Jack Reed, Harry Gammidge and Catalin Pislaru scored the Upottery goals. Stuart Coombe, who had a fine game at centre back and two goal, Lane shared the villagers Man of the Match award.
Boss Dan Prettejohn said: “We were well below our best, but managed to come home with the points and I guess that says it all. At this stage of the season results are far more important than results and I’ll 6-4’s just as I would a 1-0!”.
Next up for promotion seeking Upottery is a trip to one of the five teams that currently sit above them in the Fresha League Division Three table, Bickleigh.
You may also want to watch:
The villagers travel to Mid Devon looking to close the current ten point gap between themselves and Bickleigh. Upottery have games in hand on all the teams that sit above them.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 10 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope