Lane hat-trick sees Upottery into Grandisson Cup final at the expense of Division One Tipton St John.
- Credit: Archant
Upottery produced a superb all-round performance to spring a Grandisson Cup shock on Tuesday night.
The villagers brushed aside the challenge of a Tipton St John side that play two divisions higher in the Fresha League to book a final berth later this month.
The game, played at the Washbrook Meadows home of Ottery St Mary saw Upottery boss proceedings from the first whistle.
A two-goal half-time lead became 3-0 before Tipton pulled one back, but Upottery were always in control and went on to add four more to seal a May 28 final against either Sidbury United or Lympstone who meet in the other semi-final next week.
Chaz Lane (3), Sam Winslade (2) and Aaron Doble were the Upottery scorers.
You may also want to watch:
Boss Dan Prettejohn said: “We were awesome and played all the football. Gary Moore was our star man, his shift was simply superb.”
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis