Larcombe brothers shine again - but Axminster left to battle for draw.
Axminster CC - news of the matches from week 2 of the Francis Clark Devon League.
Axminster had to settle for a losing draw in their B Division meeting with Dartington and Totnes who scored a commanding 259-9 and then restricted Axminster to 183-8.
Gary Larcombe (3-46), Danny Larcombe (2-29) and Robbie Prior (2-76|0 were the successful bowlers in the visitors spell with the bat.
After tea only Gary Larcombe (30), Marcus Wakeley (23) and David Murnane (21) were able to make any sort of progress with the bat.
Indeed, in the final total of 183-8 there were no fewer than 55 extras!
You may also want to watch:
Axminster II went down by eight wickets to Kentisbeare II.
David Murnane (38) and J Swain (30) were the only batsmen to make any headway in a total of 138-7, knocked off for the loss of just two wickets by the Mid Devon side.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis