Lee heroics cannot prevent opening day defeat for Honiton Town Devils Under-10s
Honiton Under-10s were beaten 5-1 at home by Brixington Blues in their opening fixture of the Exeter and District Youth League season.
It was a new-look Town side that took to the pitch for their first competitive game under new manager Dave Haysom.
The Blues were the first to score after which Ashton Beck brought Honiton level with a well taken goal. Straight from the kick off Brixington took the lead again as the Honiton team collectively switched off, much to the frustration of those watching on the sidelines!
Despite the hard work of Peter Osborne, Harvey Haysom and Chris Lucas the team were unable to score again before the break.
The second half saw Honiton hold the Blues with captain for the day, Lewis Clyburn, leading by example, tackling hard.
You may also want to watch:
It was only in the last five minutes, with Town visibly tiring, that the game was lost as the Blues netted three more goals, this despite the heroic goalkeeping of Harvey Lee who made save after save.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery