Lenton wins the Honiton Hippo
- Credit: Archant
Last weekend AVR had great success in the 7-mile multi-terrain Honiton Hippo, writes Dave Mutter.
As the name suggests, this is not a clean run and with two river crossings plus crawling through a muddy pond under a net, keeping dry was not an option.
Congratulation to Tim Lenton for winning in 50:21, he was just ahead of Alex Todd in 51:33. Eleanor Wood was the first lady 55, 35th overall in 1:06:48 just one second ahead of the over 60 champion Dave Thomas.
Myrtle Croad had a super run, he was 29th in 1:04:47 and Steve Reynolds 54th, 1:12:21, this week beating his great friend Geoff Woodward who was 57th, 1:12:26. Alison Bowskill was 76th, 1:17:51 and Alan Morbey 116th, 1:28:33.
Janet Woodward and Gill Day ran together, finishing joint 135th in 1:36:48.
You may also want to watch:
Youngsters are not included from the fun as there was the 3K Hippo Calf event just for them. Ollie Caute ran superbly to win the under 16 boys event, third overall in 12:42.
Ethan Day was next home, 13th in 14:01 with Jack Fitzgerald one place adrift in 14:13.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
Max Bowskill was 28th, 15:14 and Alice Fitzhenry 35th, 16:15. Many thanks to Honiton RC for putting on yet another great event.